In order to encourage more outstanding international students to pursue a higher education in Chongqing, Chongqing Municipal Government launches the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship.
I. Types of scholarships
II. CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens who plan to study in the institutions of higher education in Chongqing seeking for a Doctoral, Master’s or Bachelor degree, or attending a non-degree program for at least 1 year, and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for Chinese language training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 45.
III. Duration of Scholarship.
For degree seeking students, the duration of funding shall not exceed the regular length of the program; For non-degree seeking students, the duration of funding shall not exceed one year.
IV. Application Documents
1. Application Form
2. Photocopy of passport
3. Highest diploma (University students or applicants employed shall also provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English)
4. Academic transcripts (Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English).
5. Recommendation letters
6. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.)
7. A study or research plan (It must be in Chinese or in English.
8. Articles or papers written or published.
V. Application procedure and Deadline
Applicants shall submit application materials directly to admissions office of every university before March 30th of each year. The university will review the application materials and submit to the Chongqing Municipal Education Commission. Chongqing Municipal Education Commission will not accept applications submitted directly by students.